Monday, February 13, 2012

Statement

    My name is Amira Mukerker and I am currently studying a Foundation Diploma in Art and Design, specialising within Graphic Design, at Chesterfield College.  I have previously studied Fine Art at A Level and came to the decision to change to Graphics through the Foundation's 'Exploratory Stage' during a Graphics taster session.  I enjoyed being able to communicate visual messages through more mainstream and more design oriented methods; this has now developed into a passion as I thoroughly take pleasure in creating work which visually and mentally engages its audience rather than a blatant message which doesn't engage its audience.  Choosing Graphic Design was a large step away from Fine Art, however I believe my education within Fine Art has assisted me in being able to think more freely outside the box and has improved my eye for detail which I believe is benefiting me in Graphics.  I want to study Graphic Design at University to improve my current skills and knowledge and progress to a professionals standards so that I can become a successful designer in the future.
   I have submitted a variation of work which I have done as I have progressed through the different stages of the Foundation course.  I have included sketch book work showing my initial ideas and developments and digitally manipulated images which are a combination of the realisations of my original thumbnails and also finalised designs created using Photoshop.  I also have included a selection of life drawing and 2 dimensional studies which are expressive and lively as I enjoyed creating them. Life drawing and 2 dimensional studies were vital studies for me as they taught me how to actually see what I am drawing and understand all aspects, shadows and angles of a subject which have assisted me within Graphic Design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment